- 1 pound Jerusalem artichokes 8 to 10
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 cup drained imported tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Using a small regular or swivel-bladed paring knife, peel the artichokes. Cut them into quarter-inch thick slices. There should be about three cups.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the artichoke slices. Cook, stirring and tossing in the oil, about two minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring and tossing, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cover. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes and serve.