Gratinata di Zucchini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds small zucchini 1-inch diameter very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pine nuts or almonds
- Preheat a grill to 375°F. On a sheet of waxed paper, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Oil the bottom of a 13 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with sides. Coat with one-third of the Parmesan mixture. Place one third of the zucchini slices in an even layer in the pan. Season lightly with salt. Repeat layering twice. Drizzle lightly with oil. Sprinkle evenly with the pine nuts.
- Bake in the covered grill over indirect heat for about 40 minutes or until browned and sizzling. Remove from the grill to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature