Garbanzo Edamame Salad
This colorful salad pack a nutritious punch as well as being a delicious side dish.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper or 4 plum tomatoes diced
- 2 ears cooked corn kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 3 green onions finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Combine salad items: chickpeas, red pepper, corn, edamame, and green onions in bowl. Combine vinaigrette items in jar and shake, adding oil slowly toward last. Pour over vegetables and toss to mix. Cover salad and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This next salad is a variation on the standard caprese salad and a way o use all those cherry tomatoes. The recipe is adapted from Burpee Home Gardens.