A flavor packed dish and a good addition to any meal.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 large onion diuced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head cabbage cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt taste and add more as needed
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Place the bacon in large stockpot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion caramelizes, about 10minutes. Immediately, stir in cabbage and continue cooking and stirring another 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
- I sometime add a bit of cider vinegar and sugar.