Make these fluffy pancakes from scratch and you'll never go back to the box variety again.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsps. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk plus up to 1/4 cup extra if needed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth---there may be a couple of lumps but that's okay.
- (The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too thick -- doesn't pour off the ladle or out of the measuring cup smoothly -- fold a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency).
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook till golden. Repeat with remaining batter.