Easy Strawberry Cake
This recipe of Martha Stewart's is a favorite, so easy, colorful, and delicious.
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb. strawberries hulled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch pie pan. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into medium bowl.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in egg, milk and vanilla
- Gradually mix in flour mixture. Transfer batter to buttered pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible. Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbs. sugar over berries.
- Bake cake 10 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in pie plate on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Cake can be stored at room temperature, loosely covered, up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply