Easy Beef Enchiladas
Beginning with a good store-bought red enchilada sauce jump starts this easy but delicious Mexican dish.
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10-12 corn tortillas I prefer Tortilla Land
- Canola oil
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped (optional)
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley chopped
- Warm red enchilada sauce in saucepan. In a skillet, brown the meat and onions, draining off excess fat. Stir in cans of drained green chilies and salt. Remove to bowl.
- Clean skillet, add canola oil, and heat. Cook each tortilla for 30 second per side or until soft, but not crispy. Remove to paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour about 1/2 cup of sauce in 9 x13 baking dish. Dip each tortilla into remaining red sauce and place on work surface. Spoon meat, a little cheese, olives and green onions in the center of tortilla. Roll up and place, seam down, in baking dish. Repeat until pan is full.
- Pour remaining red sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.