Cheesy Cauliflower Toasts
- 1 small head cauliflower 2 pounds
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. Italian mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 6 oz. Gruyère cheese grated
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto julienned
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 6 large slices country-style bread
- Freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh chives
- Flaked sea salt such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Set the oven to broil and arrange a rack 6 inches below the heat.
- Transfer the florets to a large mixing bowl and add the mascarpone, stirring to coat the florets evenly. Stir in the Gruyère, prosciutto, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Toast the bread in a toaster until lightly browned, and place in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with foil. Mound the cauliflower mixture evenly on each toast and dust with paprika. Broil the toasts for 2 to 4 minutes, until browned and bubbling. (Watch them carefully!) Transfer to plates and sprinkle with Parmesan, the chives, and sea salt. Serve hot.
- From Ina Garten's Cook Like a Pro