The perfect accompaniment for Thanksgiving turkey.
- ¼ cup dried apricots finely chopped
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup dried cherries or raisins
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger William Sonoma has this
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium saucepan, mix dried apricots, sugar, cherries, and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix in cranberries, apple and lemon zest. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in lemon juice, crystallized ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Serves 16
Leave a Reply