Couscous with Pistachios, Apricots & Cranberries
A perfect make ahead salad for picnics or potluck dinners. Be sure to use the Israeli couscous variety, that can usually be found in the Kosher section of supermarkets.
- 2 cups Israeli pearl couscous
- 2 cups dried fruit such as apricots, cranberries or dried cherries, chopped into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup mint chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced shallots
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. golden balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. honey to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Fluff couscous and add it to a large bowl with chopped fruit, pistachios and mint.
- In a small jar, add olive oil, shallots, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, honey, and a few pinches of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shake the dressing well and add more honey, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over couscous mixture and stir to combine.
- The salad can be eaten warm or cold. If cold, allow 1-2 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld.