Cornbread Stuffing Chicken Casserole
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breass
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cups Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the meat into bite size pieces. In a hot skillet greased with a little butter sear the chicken on all sides. It doesn't have to be cooked through just nicely browned.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside. When its done remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt butter and water together in a saucepan over medium heat and once melted remove from heat and mix with the cornbread stuffing mix well until moistened. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and chicken broth until smooth a fork or a whisk is good for this.
- Put ¾ of the stuffing mixture into a large greased casserole dish. Add the chicken on top of this. Pour the sour cream mixture over it all and top with the remaining ¼ of stuffing. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes.