Chocolate Caramel Cookies
A delightful chocolate cookies to add to your Christmas baking.
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 14 dozen
- 2½ cups flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 48 Rolos (9-oz pkg)
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in bowl.
- In a large, separate bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and ½ cup chopped pecans.
- For each cookie, shape 1 Tablespoon of dough completely around a Rolo.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup pecans and 1 Tbs. sugar.
- Press one side of each ball into the mixture.
- Place nut side up on an ungreased cookie sheet,
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet.before removing.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies.
- Makes 14 dozen