Chickpeas and Farfalle
A good healthy alternative to spaghetti.
- 8 oz. farfalle noodles
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 - 3 sausages removed from casings and crumbled
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or other stock
- 3 cups chickpeas
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and salt it. Add the pasta and cook until tender but not mushy, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; when hot, add the onion and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage to the pan and cook until done, 5 to 8 minutes. Then add the spinach, stock, chickpeas, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook until the spinach is wilted. If it seems dry, add a little more stock or water; it should be moist but not soupy.
- Add the pasta to the bean mixture and stir gently. Taste and adjust the seasoning, sprinkle with Parmesan.
Leave a Reply