A entree that plates nicely for a showy dish perfect for entertaining.
- 6 large chicken breasts halves skinned, boned
- 6 thin slices boiled ham or prosciutto
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese halved
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp. dried sage crushed
- ½ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. parsley
- 4 Tbs. butter or oleo melted
- Place chicken on cutting board; top with plastic wrap. Working from the center out, pound lightly with meat mallet to 5 x 5 inches. Remove wrap. Place a ham slice and half slice cheese on each cutlet, cutting to fit. (Recipe does not call for salt/pepper, but you should add some depending on saltiness of ham.)
- Top with some tomato and a dash of sage. Tuck in sides; roll up jelly roll style. Pressing to seal well.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Dip chicken in butter or oleo and roll in crumbs. Place in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Serves 6