- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. water
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, parsley, or chives
- For Chicken;
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds), pounded 1/4″-thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbs. oil half vegetable; half olive oil
- Line up three bowls. Put flour in the first bowl; beat eggs in the second; and mix Panko, parmesan, pepper, and chopped fresh herbs in the third bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in flour and shake off excess , leaving a light coating. Dip the chicken in the egg/water mixture and coat evenly, allowing excess egg to drip away. Dredge the chicken in the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat well. Press lightly.
- Heat the oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 2 minutes per side or till golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Kitchen Notes: For best results, be sure to pound chicken breasts to 1/4″ thickness. Better yet, buy thin-cut chicken breast fillets. You can also freeze the uncooked, breaded pieces for a quick meal some other time