Grilled Chicken-Brat Kabobs
A tasty and colorful dish for a summer cookout.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 brat sausages
- 1/4` cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchinis, small cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- Place olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, red onion and toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour, or to 8 hours (Too long can make the veggies mushy.)Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium high heat.Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers. Cook 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken and brats are cooked through.Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve on platter.
I cook the veggie on skewers, but the chicken and brats separately, so I can control the doneness better.