Butternut Squash Soup
A great soup for a cold day. . . and oh, so, easy to make!
- 1 butternut squash halved and seeds removed
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. sherry
- Rub the squash halves with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 350 degrees until tender, approximately 35-40 minutes. Remove the rind and cut into chunks.
- Transfer mixture to food process or puree with an immersion stick blender.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and stir in flour. Slowly stir in milk. Gradually add chicken stock, then lemon juice, seasonings and sherry.
- Fold in squash and simmer gently. If too thick, add additional milk. Serves 4.