Butter Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian, or French bread
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic (about 2 tsp.), finely minced
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Adjust rack to center position of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Slice bread into 1-inch slices, stopping short of cutting completely through so that the bottom of the loaf stays intact. In a small bowl, stir together softened butter, olive oil, and salt. Mash minced garlic with a fork until it forms a paste. Scrape garlic paste into butter, add minced parsley, and mix until well blended.
- Spread garlic butter on one side of each slice. Wrap loaf in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Open the top of the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Kitchen Notes:
- If using salted butter, slightly decrease the amount of additional salt.
- For a brighter flavor, substitute other herbs for half of the parsley, such as basil or a combo of basil, oregano, and thyme.
- To make ahead of time, you may prepare bread, wrap in foil, and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.