Brown Butter and Sage Ravioli
A quick and tasty sauce for frozen ravioli or any pasta. Adapted from Mario Batali.
- Frozen ravioli or other pasta cooked according to package directions
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 8 sage leaves rolled like a cigar and cut into strips
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet and continue cooking until golden brown color appears in the thinnest liquid of the butter.
- Add sage leaves and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some cooking water.
- Gentle pour into skillet and return to heat. Add cheese, toss to coat. Serve immediately.