Colorful, yummy and packed with nutrition.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups blanched broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare a bowl of ice water. Blanch the broccoli for 1 minute in the boiling water. Plunge it into the ice water until completely cool and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, oil and orange zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the drained broccoli, carrots, raisins and onions. (I sometimes toss in a few pecans or sliced almonds, too.) Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. (Recipe slightly adapted from Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.)