So easy to make and brimming with colorful blueberries. Perfect for any meal or party.
Recipe type: Bread
- ½ cup (1 stick butter)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh preferred
- ¼ cup sugar, for topping
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin; or use paper liners, and grease the papers.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the whole berries and lemon zest (if using) to the batter, stirring just to combine and distribute.
- Fill the muffin cups nearly to the top with batter.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon granulated sugar atop each muffin, if desired. (It was what Jordan’s did.)
- Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, until they’re light golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, and after about 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool.