This easy, but heartwarming dessert will whisk you back to your grandmother's kitchen and cause you to fall in love with this classic cobbler all over again.
- THE BERRIES:
- 4 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- THE DOUGH:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ Tbs. sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbs. cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream plus additional for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To prepare berries, place in a bowl and toss with sugar and flour. (I like to add a bit of lemon zest, too.) Set aside.
- To make dough, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cream and mix lightly, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Put blueberries in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Make patties out of the dough, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
Arrange them over the top of the berries. Bake until topping is brown and juices bubble thickly around it, about 35 to 40 minutes.