Chez Panisse’s Blueberry Cobbler
- 4 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- THE DOUGH
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream plus additional for serving, if desired
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. To prepare the berries, place in a bowl and toss with the sugar and flour. Set aside.
- To make the dough, mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the cream and mix lightly, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Put the blueberries in a 1 1/2-quart gratin or baking dish. Make patties out of the dough, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick. Arrange them over the top of the berries. Bake until the topping is brown and the juices bubble thickly around it, about 35 to 40 minutes.