- Pastry for a double-crust 9” pie
- 5 cups blackberries
- 2/3 to ¾ cup sugar according to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pasty; roll out half the dough and line the pie plate. (If making a cobbler, roll out just a single, top crust to fit dish.) Toss the blackberries with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon peel, and salt.
- Place the filling in the crust and dot with butter. Roll out remaining dough for the top crust and place over the fruit. Flute the edge and score top crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Serve with ice cream.