- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 2 lbs. sirloin tip or round steak cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. each marjoram thyme, and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 beef bouillon cube crushed
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- In large skillet, cook bacon several minutes. Remove bacon and set aside. Coast beef with flour and brown on all sides in bacon drippings. Combine steak, bacon drippings, cooked bacon, seasonings, bouillon and Burgundy in Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Turn control to high. Add mushrooms; cook on high 15 minutes.
- To thicken sauce, if desired, add cornstarch (dissolved in 2 Tbs cold water) with mushrooms.
- Makes 6 servings.