Asian Slaw with Peanut Dressing
Perfect side dish for barbecue or substitute for a green salad. Dressing has great consistency and flavor.
- 4 cups cabbage thinly shredded or packaged coleslaw mix
- 2 cups julienned carrots or prepared shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 2 medium green onions finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts or you can leave them whole
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped and loosely packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and blend in a food processor or with a whisk.
- Add the dressing to the slaw and let sit for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Taste and add more salt, if needed. Serve cold. Serves 6 as side dish.
Leave a Reply