Sun Dried Tomato-Garlic Spread
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped and lightly toasted
- Slice off the pointed end of the garlic heads and place on foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap securely. Roast garlic in 450 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until tender. Place pecans on small baking sheet and place in oven the last 10 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in small saucepan; turn off heat and place sun-dried tomatoes in water for 5 minutes. Remove and chop coarsely.
- Remove garlic from oven and squeeze out pulp from each clove into bowl and mash with fork. Combine cheeses, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and pecans in mixing bowl and stir to blend. Chill until ready to serve.