A Doggie Meet Up
By popular demand, I’m writing more about Bar-K Dog Park and including photos of my recent visit with my grand dog, Bella. Call it a Doggie Dude Ranch, or Canine Country Club, or a Pet Oasis, the 2-acre hound haven is providing an unique spot for people and pets to socialize.
Bar-K began in Kansas City in 2018 and opened its second park in November in The Grove at 4565 McRee Avenue. Another outlet is planned for Oklahoma City. Annual membership runs $225 a year and $50 for an additional dog. Monthly payments and visitors passes are also available.
All the Amenities
So what do owners and pets get with their membership. Services include such goodies as:
- large and small dog parks
- day camp, grooming, training, and—are you ready for this—doga (doggie yoga)
- dining room (no dogs allowed)
- 3 bars (2 inside and one outside)
- live music events and free wi-fi.
- adoption center
- events, such as New Years Eve party and puppy night out
The place is spotless due, in no small part, to the prompt, pooper scoopers, who keep the place tidy and odor free.
What about Cat Care?
If you’re thinking of setting up a cat cave or a cat cafe for felines, forget it. Dogs are social; cats more likely to be neurotic. They prefer sleeping to cavorting with strangers.