Use this simple, but delicious topping over angel food cake cubes and ice cream for a quick summer dessert.
Recipe type: Fruit
- 4 large peaches, pitted and sliced into eighths
- 2 oranges, juiced and peeled
- 1 bottle Moscato wine (or white wine such as Pinot Grigio), about 5 cups
- ½ cup sugar (or 2 Tbs. honey)
- 1 vanilla bean, split, or ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Place sliced peaches in serving bowl. Juice the orange and cut the peel into matchsticks. In separate bowl, mix wine, sugar, juice, and rinds..
- Pour over peaches. Cover and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour.
- Use peaches as topping for angel food cake (store bought, if you like) and vanilla ice cream.