Tuna Noodle Salad for a Crowd
A great picnic or cookout salad that's even better the next day.
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: Fish & Seafood
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni or sea shell macaroni
- 1 small cans of flaked tuna, drained
- 1 small can of tiny peas, drained
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 12 sweet pickle, drained and diced
- ½ to 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 medium stalks of celery, diced
- 4 eggs, cooked and diced (optional)
- Mayonnaise (real mayo, not salad dressing), enough to moisten
- 1 Tbs. prepared mustard
- Pinch of cayenne
- ¼ to ½ tsp. garlic powder.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Combine tuna, vegetables and eggs (if using) in large mixing bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne and garlic powder; add to salad.
- Season with salt and pepper. Can refrigerate for two days; add a little warm water to loosen texture if salad dries out.
- Note: Proportions are easily adjusted depending on which ingredients you prefer. Serves 12