Magic Green Sauce
A quick and easy sauce for crackers, chicken, chops, pasta, dips, salad dressing, and veggies---raw or roasted. I reduce the parsley/cilantro to ¾ cup and use only ½ teaspoon salt. Some recipes include a bit of sour cream or yogurt. Experiment to suit your taste. It really is magical!
Recipe type: Sauces
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime (or two if you prefer more limey-ness)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt (add more later, if desired)
- ½ cup pistachios (you can sub other nuts, but pistachios are best)
- Pulse all ingredients, except the pistachios, in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add nuts and pulse until mostly smooth. (It depends on what consistency you want.)
- Serve as a dip, topping, spread, or sauce. Add additional water, or oil, to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or marinade. Recipe makes about 2 cups.