Golden Chicken Nuggets
Easy to make at home and far better than McD's version.
Recipe type: Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Spread panko on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until golden about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, add Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and stir.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Place wire rack on baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour. Shake to remove excess and dip in egg and then in panko. Place on rack.
- Bake about 12 minutes, turning over halfway through. Serve nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce: Combine 3 Tbs., Dijon mustard with 2 Tbs. each mayonnaise and honey. Or make an Apricot Mustard Sauce: 1 cup apricot jam or preserves; ¼ cup Dijon mustard; 1 tsp. fresh thyme, (optional); and pinch cayenne pepper.