Fresh Corn Salad
This medley of fresh vegetables with a light vinaigrette is perfect for any summer meal or backyard cookout.
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- ¼ cups fresh julienned basil leaves (or to taste)
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook corn for 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water to stop cooking.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl. Toss in the tomatoes, mozzarella and scallions. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours. Before serving, tear the basil over the salad and stir. (Adapted from Food Network Kitchen)