Curried Chicken Salad
This classic chicken salad recipe is packed with enough goodies to makes it a perfect meal for entertaining a luncheon group.
Recipe type: Chicken
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- ½ cup mango chutney
- 1 tsp. curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups chopped peanuts
- Combine chicken, scallions, and water chestnuts with rice. In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry, salt, and pepper; mix well. Thoroughly combine mayonnaise mixture with chicken-rice; chill. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Cut bananas diagonally into 1-inch slices. Dip into lemon juice and coat with peanuts. To serve, arrange salad on small platter. Surround salad with coated banana slices and garnish with additional nuts.
- Note: Pass condiments, such as, chopped green peppers, toasted almonds, raisins, and coconut. Serves 6 to 8.