Easy enough and good enough for an everyday dish, as well as a special occasion course.
Recipe type: Chicken
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 chicken breast halves, bond and skinned
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs, fine
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix eggs and milk. Place bread crumbs in shallow pan. Trim fat from chicken. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add mushrooms, wine, salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Serves 4.