A quick and easy dish for company. Serve over rice, noodles, or toast.
Recipe type: Beef
- 1-1/2 lbs. sirloin steak, cut in long narrow strips
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 small can mushrooms (or fresh) cut in pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbs. oil or butter
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 cup beef boullion
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Roll steak pieces in ¼ cup flour and the salt. Pan fry onions, mushrooms and garlic in oil (or butter) for 5 minutes. Add meat, onions and mushrooms and saute until evenly browned. Remove ingredients from pan.
- Combine 2 Tbs. flour with drippings in pan.and stir to brown a bit. Add boullion slowly to make gravy. Add Worcestershire sauce. Cook until thickened.
- Add sour cream and heat slowly until gravy simmers. Add back meat and vegetables and warm through. Serve over cooked rice, noodles or toast. Serves 6.