Baked Macaroni and Cheese
So much better than the boxed version of Mac & Cheese and almost as easy. The addition of ham makes it a one-dish meal.
Recipe type: Pasta
Cuisine: Comfort Food
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs flour
- 1-3/4 cups half and half
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups diced ham
- 5 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup bread crumbs, divided, half for the inside crunch and half for the topping
- ¼ cup scallions, diced
- Pepper to taste
- Using a large saucepan, melt butter and add flour; stir, and gradually stir in half and half. Continue stirring while thickening.
- Pour in cooked macaroni. Add all the cheeses; ½ the bread crumbs, ham, and scallions.
- Stir well and pour into a well-greased casserole or baking dish. Add remaining bread crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until the top is crisp.