It only takes a few ingredients and a couple of creamy, ripe avocados to make this amazing dip. Sprinkle with grated cotija cheese, if desired.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. minced onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1 Tbs. jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 Tbs. cilantro leaves, finely chopped, (or more , to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. (Keep one seed to add back to guacamole to prevent browning.) Place avocado flesh in bowl and mash with fork, leaving some chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash together. (If refrigerating, add tomatoes just before serving.)
- Add avocado seed to mixture, cover tightly with plastic, and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce if more heat is desired.
- Note: For a quick version,just add a piquante sauce to the mashed avocados and serve with tortilla chips. Sprinkle with grated cotija cheese, if desired.