Asparagus with Anchovies and Garlic
A quick dish that puts a tasty new twist on asparagus.
Recipe type: Vegetable
Cuisine: Side Dish
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs. garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper, crushed
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs. water
- 2 tsp. anchovy paste or 1 anchovy fillet, minced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook stirring constantly until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add asparagus, water and anchovy. Cook, stirring often until asparagus is tender crisp, about 5-6 minutes.