Chicken Noodle Soup
A hearty soup for a cold winter night. Don't be deterred by the list of ingredients. The soup goes together easily.
Recipe type: Soup
Cuisine: Comfort Food
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 large whole chicken or equivalent pieces
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 8-10 medium carrots (about 2 cups), diced
- 1 (8-oz.) can mushrooms, drained or fresh (optional)
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Beau Monde seasoning
- 1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbs. salt or to taste
- ¼ cup wine
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (26-oz.) package frozen egg noodles, not dry noodles
- Place all ingredients, except noodles, in boiling water, cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until chicken separates from bone. Allow mixture to cool.
- Remove chicken, debone, and shred. Skim grease from top of soup (or refrigerate until grease solidifies). Return meat to stock; bring to boil.
- Add noodles and cook until tender, according to package directions. Toward end of cooking time, add the wine and parsley. Serves 6 to 8.