A classic dish that's good for an everyday meal or for company.
- For Breading
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. water
- ⅔ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, or chives
- For Chicken;
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lbs.), pounded ¼″-thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbs. oil (half vegetable; half olive oil)
- Line up three bowls. Put flour in first bowl; beat eggs in the second; and mix Panko, parmesan, pepper, and chopped fresh herbs in third bowl.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in flour and shake off excess, leaving a light coating. Dip chicken in egg/water mixture and coat evenly, allowing excess egg to drip away. Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat well. Press lightly.
- Heat oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 2 minutes per side or till golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.